Dear Journ Family,
We cannot continue to watch the horror in Palestine without taking action.
While there is now a ceasefire, the terrifying experience of living through airstrikes continues on. Families now work to rebuild, access medicine, clean drinking water and find shelter, after the worst violence in years.
We will always stand against injustice and promise to be an active part of our global community.
If you are looking for educational resources, or to take action in solidarity with the people of Palestine, we have compiled the following list:
Charities we're donating to
- Palestinian Children's Relief Funds, Urgent Relief Funds
- Palestine Red Crescent Society
- Doctors Without Borders
Petitions we're signing
- All of us Free Palestine
- End the Spiral of Violence: Sanctions Now!
- Call on the U.S. State Department and Department of Defense
Books we're reading
- The Hundred Year's War on Palestine by Rashid Khalidi
- Justice for Some by @nouraerakat
- Against the Loveless World by @susanabulhawa
- Mornings in Jenin by @susanabulhawa
- The Land of Sad Oranges by Ghassan Kanafani
- The Question of Palestine by Edward W. Said
- Love is an Ex-Country by @randajarrar
- Except for Palestine by @marclamonthill and @plitnickm
- Footnotes in Gaza by Joe Sacco
Documentaries we're watching
- Against the Wall
- Al Nakba
- Area C
- Born in 48
- Forbidden Pilgrimage
- Gaza Left in the Dark
- Lost Cities of Palestine
- Last Shepherd of the Valley
We hope that the global community will support Palestine to build a future of peace, dignity, justice and security.